There are many reasons women stay with a narcissist.
Familiarity. Fear. Resignation. Innocence…
No matter the reason for staying, at some point they realize it’s toxic to them. They start to think about getting out.
I call that the “light bulb moment.” It’s when they get clarity; they see he will never change.
If they’ve been with him for many years, it’s hard to know what to do. Women in this position often feel lost. They’ve tried for so long to make it better.
IMPORTANT: It’s crucial to know the difference between giving up and facing the truth. Seeing the reality of the situation is different that throwing in the towel.
Of course, every situation is unique. So is every exit strategy. But the way of getting there usually follows these steps:
- Realizing he will never change. That can come all at once or over time. The abuse can be subtle or overt.
- Thinking about what happens next. Coming up with a plan.
- Putting the plan into action.
It sounds simple, but there are many things to consider. Family, finances, the future…
It takes courage to move forward. But it is possible.
This is one of the things I help women with. Contact me to set up a Free “Victim to Victory” Strategy Session. During our call you will…
- Clarify your reasons for moving on from the relationship
- Identify what’s kept you back until now
- Come away with a crystal clear vision of how to move forward
Click the button below to schedule now…